Wednesday 7 August 2013

My Next Autumn/Winter Wish List

Fashion really does have no concept of time, or the seasons for that matter.  I still have no heating on and yet here is my Autumn/Winter Next catalogue bombing through my letterbox, however, do not think this is me complaining, more baffled excitement.  I love Autumn/Winter collections far more than the Spring/Summer (gasp in horror!), I find Spring/Summer clothes can become very samey, there are only so many ways that you can wear shorts, t-shits skirts and dresses, whereas in the winter you can wear any item of clothing as long as you have a few statement pair of tights and a coat, so here it is; my first wish list for Next Autumn/Winter 2013.

Nothing says Autumn/Winter like a jumper dress and I have owned more than my fair share, but I'm certain that this year will be no exception.  I love how effortless they are, the only thing you need to think about is what to put on your feet, which is great when you leave for work at 6:45 and a pair of knee high boots never fails.  This colour block on this dress is oh-so flattering and the flared out bottom adds a cute, feminine touch.

Ponte Colourblock Dress £40


I wear more skirts in the winter than I do in the summer, probably because I can be quite lazy and I can't be bothered to fake tan, especially not for work, it's more than enough effort for a night out!  This mesh skirt in mink is stunning and it would be great for either day or night, pumps and a statement t-shirt during the day and sequins and heels on a night.

Mesh Skirt £28


I will admit I do love Autumn/winter clothes as I have an excuse to indulge in one of my favourite items of clothing: coats.  I already have far too many, fur coats, overcoats, over-sized blazers, duffle coats and a parker to name a few, but there is definitely a space for a few more and this grey faux fur pu sleeve jacket is most definitely one of them.

Grey Faux Fur Pu sleeve jacket £70


Maxi dresses are a sure winner all year round and this is why we love them.  This drape maxi dress is straight out of Gatsby with a drop waist and would be perfect with a full length fur coat on a winter's night out.

Drape Maxi Dress £50


Chunky knits are a must for any winter wardrobe and this check boucle sweater is bang on A/W 13 trend, checks are everywhere.  This would look great with skinny jeans and knee high boots, or a full midi skirt, tights and stiletto heels.

Check Boucle Sweater £40


It's very rare that you will get to wear a t-shirt past September in England unless you are going to the gym, but I'm hoping that I can make an exception for this graphic animal t-shirt.  The hare resting on the books is far too cute.  I want to wear this with the mink mesh skirt and a pair of Chelsea Boots.

Bunny T-Shirt £12


Last but certainly not least is the A/W staple, the biker jacket with a check twist.  I wish I could wear this jacket now I love it so much, if only I wouldn't turn into a pool of liquid.  This jacket will add a punk vibe to anything and will look amazing with a pair of faded denim boyfriend jeans a fitted black vest and kitten heels.

Biker Jacket £60



1 comment:

  1. Oh I need that coat and jacket in my life! They are gorgeous! I'm the same as you in that I prefer A/W to S/S. I think it's partly because Summer is so often such a let down and I can never capture that boho look. Give me a great pair of boots, the perfect skinnies and some autumnal knitwear and I can conquer the world.

    ReplyDelete