Monday 16 September 2013

Autumnal Saviours

It's that time of year again, the awkward summer/autumn transition. Too hot for your winter woolies but too cold for summer straps.  Knowing what to wear when it can be glorious sunshine when you leave the house, but a torrential downpour when you get to work can be a nightmare.  This is why I have put together my summer to autumn saviours and my favourites for this season.

Layering
This has to be the most valuable summer to autumn look.  You are guaranteed to be prepared for any weather eventuality.  Think vests, tees, camis with denim and check shirts, or cardigans.  Jumpers over dresses can transform an already seen dress into a deceiving jumper shirt outfit.

ASOS Fluffy Bomber Cardigan £40


Footwear
Ballet pumps and slippers are living on borrowed time at this point in the fashion calender.  An imminent downpour can give a very damp start to the day with wet feet.  It's now about covered footwear and this season has some great Loafers, Brogues and Chelsea boots on offer; all of which I intend to purchase!

Dark Red Chunky Chelsea Boots £54.00 New Look

Summer Scarves
Summer scarves can add a splash of colour to any outfit and are so stylish, think back to the floral scarf given to Princess Grace of Monaco by Gucci.  Also if you are like me they help keep the tonsilitis at bay; at least there is a stylish way to do this!
Floral Square Dark Scarf £16.00 Topshop



Denim Jackets
I often find this time of year can be too warm for a leather jacket so I find a classic denim jacket or blazer is perfect.  They will go great with summer dresses and Chelsea boots or with camel coloured chino's and a striped tee.

ASOS Denim Jacket in vintage with Boring lining and Collar £55.00


Dress/Smocks
I have mentioned before that I wear dresses more in the winter than the summer, which is a bit bizarre, but I do love to layer.  This year I am loving smocks.  I'm going to pair these with loafers and if I'm feeling daring enough knee high socks; and if the sun makes a rare appearance I can always whip them off.  I couldn't decide on my favourite
ASOS Smock Dress in Patchwork £36.00
ASOS Smock Dress in Check with Colour £36




 What will you be wearing this Autumn?

No comments:

Post a Comment