Tuesday 21 May 2013

High Street Fashion at Newcastle Fashion Week 2013



Friday saw the last of the catwalk shows in Eldon Square in association with Hello magazine, and the half day holiday that I took from my day job was totally worth it.  The opportunity of knowing that the high street Spring/Summer trends that were showcased on the catwalk were ready to be purchased in the nearby stores was too good to miss, and Newcastle you are in for a treat.
First down the catwalk was Debenhams with a cute little stonewash playsuit, which I am a huge fan of, and this will be great for the upcoming summer bank holidays, or your next eagerly awaited summer holiday.



If you have any weddings then look no further than Coast.  Already one of the big hitters in the matrimony department, their mint maxi dress and bold floral designs will have you standing out from the crowd, and will be great for any guest, whether you are mother of the bride, bridesmaid, or a friend.  If only these designs had been available for my recent wedding, the arduous task of clothes shopping with my fashion novice Mam or four bridesmaids with very different styles would have been a lot easier.


One of the main show stoppers on the catwalk was a navy sequin strapless mini dress by Guess.  Perfect for cocktails with the girls, but do be wary of how you get in and out of the taxi and going up the stairs, as this dress leaves very little to the imagination, but it does look amazing.


If you prefer something with a more demure feel to it then Republic’s full bodied skirt and matching sleeveless cropped shirt was out of this world.  I really loved the skull detailing on such feminine clothing, giving an edgy element to this outfit.


Jumpsuits look like they are going to a summer staple again, which I am very happy about, as I have a vast selection in my wardrobe; one of which I wore to the Fashion Front Show last Wednesday.  Guess have a coral linen jumpsuit that is going to fly off the hangers.


I have to admit that it was Miss Selfridge that stole the show which I was quite surprised at, as I usually struggle to find anything for me, although that might be my age as I have started a new love affair with Next.  But the clothes by Miss Selfridge were simply stunning, with a coral front ruffle body con dress, the cream lace knicker maxi dress (perfect for my upcoming honeymoon), Great Gatsby inspired cropped embellished tee, with a very daring pair of coral hotpants. I was blown away so much so that I may have to rethink my allegiance to Next.



No comments:

Post a Comment